A COCIR webinar supported by European Cancer Leagues.
Cancer is not new to mankind. Some of the earliest evidence of cancer is found in ancient Egypt. Still, nowadays cancer remains the 2nd leading cause of death globally.
On 3rd February 2021, the European Commission published its latest strategy on cancer called Europe's Beating Cancer Plan (EBCP).
The Plan’s 10 Initiatives aim to:
- foster cancer prevention and care for all,
- promote doctor and patient literacy of innovative and integrated solutions and
- ensure value across the cancer pathway
Placing special focus on the “European Cancer Imaging Initiative”, the “New Cancer Screening Scheme” and “Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment for All”, as the 3 EBCP Flagship Initiatives where we believe that our sector can add the most value to, with this event, we want to investigate:
- what specific next steps can follow on the announcement of the Plan,
- how Member States aim to prioritise and support its implementation, and
- how the health technologies sector can best support the ambitions of the Plan.